Monday, July 28, 2014

The princess has returned :)

Pic: Bastille Day fireworks in Carcassonne


So that week in Montpellier was fun eh?? haha Visiting old members and recent converts was just fabulous! Really exhausting though so I was VERY happy to have returned chez nous:) (home)

So we had zone conference this week and I had my last interview with President Roney until my "dying" interview the interview before I go home... that is sooo scary! I was freaking out... he was like "Ok Soeur Mod calm down... home isn't that bad:)" haha He walked me through how I will do the transition and how to be happy for the rest of my life… it's simple... marry the right person... as if that isn't hard? haha that has hit me so much this week... how important that choice is. Thanks Big B and Sandals for doing it right! Thank you for giving me the best example of love and partnership.  Now.... EVERYONE start praying for me that I find "Big B" just a tad younger:) haha so ya he told me to start preparing for home and life after the mission so I am trying... 

Then we had our pioneer activity... you bet we celebrated here:) haha We had the pioneers of Carcassonne bear their testimonies of how they were converted and it was incredibly powerful! We had 3 amis there and a couple less actives and a bunch of elderly:) haha it was great! Elder Phelps' grandparents came and they are soooo adorable! I love them! I told Elder Phelps I am going to convert his grandparents and he said ok as long as I can dunk them:) haha I said OK CA MARCHE! (it works) Anyway, we have lots of cool things going on in Carcassonne! We are working with lots of member's friends... which still blows my mind because I haven't really been able to do that at all on my mission! 

We/ I taught young womens yesterday and I brought cookies... so they love us! We have to teach next week and I am stressing! President told me work with the youth in Carcassonne because it's a rather "old" ward so teaching young womens is perfect... I can show them I am.... cool? haha Not really I am a weird sister missionary that brings cookies but if they like the cookies maybe they will be my friend and give me their friends to teach?:) I don't know we are going to try it. I am also the ward pianist AND I am giving a talk in a couple of weeks... we are running the show down here:) It's great though; that way we make sure no false doctrine is shared over the pulpit:) Last week we fought over the age for baptism... if it should really be at 8 years old... haha Oh you got to love opinionated french women:) 

I had some really good discussions/therapy sessions with my comp this week so that I didn't freak out about home... it led to some awesome talks about life and how precious it is.  I know that I will be a missionary forever and ever. It is possible to feel the spirit strongly everyday if we try and we look for ways to serve.  I have said it many times but i LOVE being a missionary.  

have a good week

soeur mod

here were my firworks on the 14th:) 

9C43D7CC-057A-4F0B-AA62-9F6E2667BDE8

No comments:

Post a Comment