


FW: by small and s
so first of all thank you for all the birthday love I have received from you all:) My mom knows me so well and sent me the latest Ensign:) best present yet... no one can top that!:) haha #missionaryprobs and then there was a packet of notes from all of the people I love the most! Thank you all for your kind words! Soooo fun to read notes from people I only hear from randomly in the mission! Like you linds!!! (Chase) sooo good to hear from him! I can't wait to meet his cute wife! The best birthday present you all could give me is to start on your geneology... I am a total addict! It's terrible! I am almost distracted in my missionary work because I just want to do it sooo bad! I challenge you ALL to start an account and get going... our Modersitzki line is sooo sad; we have done nothing! So get on it my friends:) those poor Germans are waiting!:):)
To start of the week we went on exchanges with the sisters from Cannes! It was great. Since we hadn't been in our secteur, it was good for a blitz in our area to get our work going. We found lots of super cool people and we taught a lot this week!
First we have Sed: He is 22 and he is from Mayotte and he is like my brother! He is sooo hilarious; literally so great! He is Muslim but is going to be Mormon soon:) He prays in the name of Jesus Christ and with a guy we were teaching on the street the other day he asked if he was going to come to "OUR" church... as if he were a member :) He sat down with us and finished the lesson and then prayed that this guy Moussa would feel the confirmation that what WE taught was true... how cool is he? He also blessed that he would have a good faith in Jesus:) haha This guy supposedly doesn't believe that Jesus is the Son of God… ??? He just hasn't connected the dots yet as to what this all means. When he does he will be baptized toute de suite:)
Moussa: Muslim from Guinea…not sure how to spell it. He is cool too and he asks good questions... not sure really how interested he is but he said he prayed he would have a good faith in Christ... soooo I am putting my faith in that prayer.
Then we have Aurlie and her 3 kids! They are sooo great! We finally make contact with her... she was taught by the sisters before us but she dropped them right before we got here. Butttttt she came to church yesterday, with her kids, for all 3 hours and her kids are the sweetest things! Literally if it works out that they can get baptized, even if she doesn't, they will change the world. Literally her son is like a future prophet; he is that cool.
Elder Phelps' grandma came to church yesterday and bore her testimony about missionaries and told the ward to invite us over more:) (Sandy: Elder Phelps is serving in the same mission as McCall and his maternal grandparents live in Carcassonne where McCall is serving) haha She is sooo cute! She was like "I am finally not the only member in Europe now that Elder Phelps is here." She is really cute and she adores him! She has reason; he is sooo great and such a great missionary and a good friend of mine. We have to baptize his grandpa if it's the last thing I do before I leave this place… Elder Phelps told me about his family on our flight to get our visa's in San Fran like a year and a half ago and it still touches me everytime.
Saturday was supposed to be a miraculous day for our zone and it rained on us all day... and people were soooo mean. And because there are so many tourists, we kept getting rejected in English and it hurts WAY more than French! #thankyouforaforeignlanguage This women said a phrase in English that was sooooo mean and soooo bad that I was like WOW!! I have only heard that in movies!! So I kind of laughed it off and thought wow lady have some manners. But I keep contacting and I look over and poor Sister Wiseman is crying.... I was like "crap soeur mod! pay attention to your comp!!" So we sit down and she said, "I have never felt so hated for trying to do a good thing." That phrase hit me soooo hard. And it took me back to the Bible when Jesus tells his apostles that they will suffer "shame for the name". The work we do here is not easy. A lot of the times I only tell the good things about our week and to be honest, at the end of a week the good things are always the only things that stick out. As an older missionary you have learned to let lots of things roll off your back and not get to you. It's been such an eye opener to be with a new missionary where this is all new to her. The poor apostles had only been converted a short time when Jesus died and had to leave them with just the Holy Ghost to guide them... recent converts were directing the church of God for a time... can you believe that? If he qualified them why can't he qualify us? whatever it maybe... your geneology :) inviting a friend to church, sharing a gospel principle with someone who needs some comfort, helping someone fufill a church calling, or inviting a wayward friend to come back to church... do it. The Lord has qualified each one of us to carry out a specific work... inviting someone to come closer to Christ is easier than directing the church of God I would assume:) So count your blessings and get inviting.
This part is just for you Grandpa... please come back to church... you know this is the church of God and that we will all live happily ever after with our master and creator... don't miss that. Please just make those last necessary steps to be worthy to enter the House of the Lord... I want you there in the sealing room with me. I won't get married until you can be there... please don't make me wait:) I love you with all my heart and I just want you with us for always.
Everyone have a good week!
I love you all so very much and appreciate the love I feel from all of you on my 22nd birthday!
soeur Mod
No comments:
Post a Comment