Tuesday, July 15, 2014

When you wish upon a star

Pic one: Sister Wiseman, McCall, Elder Frost and his blue. Fun fact of France: Elder Frost's sister is serving in Bulgaria with McCall's sister Ally. They were companions but aren't anymoresuch a small and crazy world.
Pic two: McCall's trainee
Pic three: the stairs to a cathedral on the hill. She captioned this one "butt was sore for days!"

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 09:56:21 +0200
Subject: when you wish upon a star
From:mccall.modersitzki@myldsmail.net

So I moved from the beautiful big city of Lyon to a quiet quaint little town with a HUGE castle! Our new apartment has two floors soooo I really feel like a princess right now:) haha minus the part that we didn't get a fridge or an oven until 2 days ago. 

My week was not that exciting because it was spent in Lyon picking up my AWESOME blue! Seriously she is sooo cool! Her name is Sister Crystal Wiseman and she is from Bountiful and she speaks BEAUTIFUL French! She studied it a little bit before and her accent is GREAT for a blue.  This new group of missionaries is REALLY impressive.  You can tell they prepared themselves for a year before coming out here.  Instead of the sisters that came out with me who were like YAAAA MISSION; sounds fun and everyone is doing it! haha #wewereunderprepared! You can see such a difference.  Sister Richardson and I were like wowwwww how much better of missionaries would we have been if we would have prepared like they did:) They are amazing! 

Tuesday night and Wednesday morningwe are not allowed to talk to the blues or meet them... but we stay in the same apartment with them so we have to do all this tricky stuff so that we don't cross paths... well I did not want to sit in our room for an hour and a half while they got ready for the day until we could leave the room and start getting ready.  I knew I couldn't study in my bed; I would fall asleep because living in the apartment in Lyon you are up all hours sending people home or receiving new missionaries so our apartment is like a revolving door.  I asked a sister if she wanted to work out with me for an hour and a half:) haha and she was like "I will try"... so we woke up, took our cameras and left:) We ran and toured the city for 90 minutes... in the rain:) It was great! I have cool pictures I will send to you! I was sore all week because I have not worked out like that in such a long time. My body is sooo programmed to 30 minutes.  It felt really good... and to think I ran a marathon pre mission life... sad. I can't wait to get back into shape:) The blues got in on Tuesday and we said bye to our family of 4 that we are teaching on Tuesday:( well I did because I was leaving but they want to meet you all when you come in September. We ate with the trainers at this pizza place that we ALWAYS eat at haha. Wednesday we picked up our blues at the Ecully chapel and had our training meetings there with President and the assistants.  It was great. Then we all went out to dinner and then we went home.  

Thursday we hung out in the office all day while our blues got their legality done.... that was a long boring day! I just talked to Elder Phelps practically the whole time... he broke his ankle or something so he is in the office… it's really bad.  We are praying he doesn't have to go home and get surgery. He is such a great missionary; it would be such a bummer if he had to go home:( we watched mormong.org videos all afternoon. haha That night we finally left for Carcassonne and we have been putting an apartment together ever since... you guys would be soooo amazed.  The handy jobs I can do now.... with the explanations given to me in French!!!!  We put together desks and we had to buy a cord for our oven and I had to hook it into the wall. I actually don't know how to say any of these things in English only French ahah but this apartment has been a little bit of a nightmare to put together.  We are missing a fuze and the fuze little box thing is broken... long story. A member brought me a fuze to church and President and Sister Roney were in our ward with their family because they are here for the Bastille day fireworks. (Apparently they are the best in all of France... I AM SOOO STOKED FOR TONIGHT!)  Anyway Sister Roney was like... Is that a fuze? haha I said ya... she said something like "why are members giving you fuzes?"  I laughed and said don't ask... our apartment is not done. so president when he left was like "please don't shock yourself;)" haha I said I'll try my best not to! 

Church was really great! I am the ward pianist and they send me the hymns the night before at midnight:) haha this will be interesting:) 

I love Carcassonne, I really do! It is such a small town feel and it's just wonderful! Everyone is soooo nice and friendly! When you move here, you are part of the neighborhood.  It's great! I am sooo excited to meet our amis and just light this place up! We scheduled a cool activity about geneology for Pioneer Day (July 24th) so if you any of your could send me stories about our families pioneers that would be great! Also... I need a recipe for homemade ice cream that we can make ourselves like in the bags you know? the kind you make at like girls camp and stuff?? ya I need that ASAP!! 

Anyway gotta go this is long! love you all! bye!

sister/ princess mod.. in France

My new address: 
110000 France 
aka. castle:)

48A50523-84F8-4A73-874C-B713026CA7C2

145C6C0D-2D44-40D4-858C-8708DD56B1A9

8A74B0DE-6BDC-45E1-8650-CE3B98899164

No comments:

Post a Comment