Monday, July 7, 2014

Transfered back to paradise:)

Hey Everyone! I wanted to add a few details that might make this more understandable.  She mentions Elder Andersen. He did indeed come to France again this weekend.  He came to marry President Roney's daughter in the Bern, Switzerland temple. That's why the missionaries knew about transfers for the whole week because they notified them early due to the wedding. Elder Andersen not only spoke in a combined sacrament meeting in Lyon, but I heard he stood in the circle while new converts received the Holy Ghost after their baptisms on Saturday.  I'm sure many won't recognize the significance of that for awhile. McCall has lucked out getting to hear from him twice in a month in FRANCE where he was mission president and a missionary. I am attaching the picture my sweet friend Luann (she's president's sister-in-law and was there attending the wedding) sent me this morning. She made this email even more special to me. Thanks LUANN! Travel safely;) Also I'm attaching a picture of Fanny; her investigator in Montpellier she talks about at the end of her email! Lastly, I'm attaching a part of my personal email from her this afternoon:

I am ready to give everything I have for the next 12 weeks in carcassonne and just finish soooo strong! I have had lots of people pump me up and say things to me like "oh you are the best missionary to go there....or you will change that place....or carcassonne needs a sister mod..." they are sooo nice!!!! now I just have to live up to it! it is the most beautiful place ever! i am sooo excited! love you mom!!

We're pretty sure she's up to the task; we are grateful for her can-do spirit! Enjoy! 
Sandy


Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 18:56:07 +0200
Subject: transferred back to paradise:)
From:mccall.modersitzki@myldsmail.net

well I know you ALL already know but I am going back to the south:) Carcassonne to be exact! One of the PRETTIEST places in our mission and apparently the best fireworks in all of france for bastille day #scored So I am pumped! I am training and white washing! so for those of you who don't know what that is... it's where you completely replace the previous equipe.  I am excited for the challenge! Carcassonne is kind of a hard area so we are going to go in with my "dying fire" and her "blue fire" and just... light it on fire:) haha for lack of a better phrase! 

This week was really great but kind of weird because we knew about our transfers the whole week so it just felt kind of weird! AND, really cool; we are finally getting a teaching pool and then I leave... boo! it's kind of funny that I have served in the Montpellier zone for the majority of my mission! literally have stayed in two regions my whole mission.  It will be easy to visit family:) 

Some awesome things... our family of 4 came to church on Sunday which was a combined sacrament meeting with Elder Anderson! talk about cool! and she and her little girls just loved it! you should have gotten photos from Sister Watson; she took one!:)  they are sooo cute and sat so reverently. the meeting was really powerful and I realized I LOVE church in French! it will be so weird to go home to church in English. 

we have been working with loads of less actives here and recent converts which has been our main source of lessons! we have started the lessons with lots of part member families and things and it has been really cool.  I will miss this place a lot! this ward is just great! we had a lesson with a less active's wife (the one who wants jergen's lotion) and it went really well. Ally's email about remembering... that was such a powerful email and its SOOOOO true!!!! we have seen about 2 or 3 less actives this week that used to be SOOO ACTIVE! and they just forget... hard things come and they remember only the hard things instead of ALLL the other blessing the Lord has bestowed upon them.  I am trying to be more positive all the time! especially with my new area... I want to be really positive and remember all the little things.  I KNOW I will see big miracles in Carcassonne... I can feel it:) I am pretty sure I will die there; so the next 12 weeks... carcassonne... you are mine:) 

We got to watch France versus Germany this week... haha our mission president is sooo cool! we had to have an ami and a member and then we could watch it.  So we are really trying to teach member's friends in our mission so we were like ok we are going to set up a little soiree with this young adult who is like the COOLEST person in the world. We were like we can watch the game if you invite a friend so she tried all week... and no one:(  so we were like ok contacting and less actives it is:) Right after we said that we pass this member on the metro and he is SOOO cool too and he is like "what are you going to do?" and we explained what happened and what we were about to do. and he was like, "you just need an ami (investigator)? I am going to watch the game with my friend right now come with me." we go to this kebob place and watch the game and eat our kebobs with all these muslims who are doing ramadan HAHAHAH! it was hilarious! but this girl, this ami, is from equador and she was taught by the elders like 2 years ago and she is practicing catholic.  She is SOOOO cool! literally we have lived the same life.  She is going into nutrition and her pathway of getting to nutrition was the exact same as mine! it was crazy! we clicked soooo well! and she wants to study in the states and ya she is my new best friend and she will get batpized one day... she is sooo cool! hahah have I said that? anyway we totally cracked her... we didn't even care about the game... well I didn't... sister richardson did:) haha we just wanted to talk to her.  france played terrible anyway.  germany deserved it darn it! shout out to the USA getting to round 8:) 

anyways a really good week! too short of a time in Lyon! this city is BEAUTIFUL! and just so great! the members here are incredible! oh man my bishop here is incredible too; I love him and his family! for the 1,000th time... I am moving back here and I will change these French people:) I love it here... I never want to leave. this church is sooo true.

ps... remember that woman in montpellier who was with her drunk boyfriend and her really WILD friends with her two kids and I left her apartment crying?? ya she got batpized last saturday... I can't wait to tell you that story when I get home!!!!! and I will get to see her on exchanges when I am BACK IN MONTPELLIER:) haha can't wait! the church is soooo true and it changes people! it really changes them. and it can change us. e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y if we let it:. i love you guys have a great week!

soeur mod

01A43355-6083-4C14-B8F0-47440BE88B06

A94EA356-851A-4277-8316-8D53ABF75B2A

No comments:

Post a Comment