So in explanation of my subject line... one of our amis said that to us this week during our lesson! Oh France.... I would like to formally thank Kyson Flake for teaching me what little I know about drugs this week because I needed that vocabulary:)
So this week we had Zone conference in Aix and we ate burritos the night we got in and they were sooo good! Aix is known by all missionaries as the place with mexican food and root beer:) haha Soeur Roberts finally got her mexican craving even though our train was SUPER late! We went and got them quand meme:) We had a really awesome zone conference where Elder and Sister Lund came! I thought I knew them from somewhere and I couldn't figure it out... I asked them if they were related to Rachel Lund (a girl I went to high school with) and they said no... so I was like ok oh well... and then as the meeting went on I realized that their daughter is Kelsey Lund who married Taylor Murphy! I thought of all the crazy connections! so I went up and introduced myself and they gave me all the latest news about the Murphy family! Shout out to Jake for going pro.. I think.. right? That is cool or it's cool to Lpeakers named Jake in the pros! Nice! Anyway so that was crazy and then I found out that President Roney's daughter is engaged to my MTC teacher... Austin Saguibo.... even crazier!! haha It was a weird day! (Beau if you still talk to him will you tell him congrats for me??) BUT on a spiritual note, one thing they said that was a loud message to me was... "We know the gospel is true because we live it." How many times have you had questions about doctrines in the church that seem so weird? Or months where you don't read your scriptures and you think that it's not that important? Or a specific year where your church attendance is at a low and you don't really think about it? You know why you are lucky you are not less active? It's because you live the gospel... when we are truly converted the gospel is sooo intricately laced into our lives that little things like that don't pull us away... thankfully:) But that is how I feel like my life was before my mission! I did not do the small things but I never doubted the church because I lived it. But there isanother joy that comes when you do the small things... the little things that give you SO much more added joy!! It's kind of crazy that more people don't do this little secret:) So everyone... do the little things and LIVE THE GOSPEL!
I saw that very strongly with one of our new amis Fanny. She was a referral from a member and she is an awesome girl. She is going through a really hard time right now. She has 2 kids and is 24 years old... the oldest is 4 years old. She was into SUPER sketchy drugs (quoted in the subject line) and has literally looked straight into the gaping jaws of hell as Joseph Smith once wrote. She is trying to change her life little by little! We finally got her to come to church and her kids are sooooo cute! You can tell they have been raised without primary and without the church. I have a testimony of primary everyone and thank you for all who have ever served in primary! You probably make the biggest contribution to this church! I can't wait until Fanny and her kids have the gospel as something sure to hold onto in this life! I know she and her kids will be SO blessed from all the church has to offer. This church is just so true!
We had a little bit of a hiccup with Josy this week! Her husband finally left and she was a wreck all week and in return she lashed out at me... because I am her closest confidant. You know how sometimes you attack the people you love the most?? Ya she did that to me and I had to call her out on it and cry a little on the phone to make her feel bad and apologize... she is a little too critical of people. I am afraid she will get offended really fast and go inactive but you never know... that night she was calling me to apologize. We are better now:) It's funny how you actually have like full-on relationships with these people... haha She is like my best friend that I got in a fight with because she wore a dress I wanted to wear or something. Minus that her problems are much more grave than that.
Other than that we had some really awesome lessons and I had some really awesome exchanges! I felt like I was actually able to help some missionaries out this week which sometimes is not always my main focus but my exchanges were really good! We have some really awesome sister missionaries in our secteur!
We had a really cool experience with Francine and her husband after church yesterday so everyone pray that we can start teaching her husband! That would be soooo great! I kind of already left you with an invitation earlier but just again... LIVE THE GOSPEL! love you all!
Sister Mod in France
No comments:
Post a Comment