Monday, March 3, 2014

Party in the USA!!….. I mean France!

So as you all know my companion headed to Lyon today to meet up with her family and see Paris for a few days and then head home to the states! soooo weird! The last couple of weeks were kind of hard because it was hard not to think of home and everything while her suitcases slowly filled up with all of her stuff! so weird! it was fun though I learned SO much from her! But I am getting Soeur Roberts now.. who is like the coolest person in the world... so I have heard! I have met her like once or twice so I am excited!

I don't have a lot of time today and honestly we didn't do much this week but pack.... soooo I will tell you about miracle Sunday! So yesterday we had TONS of amies come to church! and by tons I mean like 4 :) haha but that is still good! We were fasting with Josy and Marie Valentine because they are both going through hard family stuff right now so we were praying for peace and understanding and we made some MAJOR break throughs with them! I can't even begin to describe how incredible everything was! but anyway Francine (new convert) bears her testimony and invited her husband and her friends to come listen:) I don't think she realized everyone can bear their testimony:)  Anyway she explained the AMAZING feeling she felt when she was baptized and then looked right at us and said...If you sisters only could understand how grateful I am for you.  There are not words to explain my gratitude.  You have given me something I want to give to the whole world and I will do everything in my power to give my family and everyone else what you have given me.  Merci beaucoup.  i lost it! I was tearing up and our amie Josy got up and left she was crying so hard.  I went to see if she was ok in the bathroom and she looked at me and said... "Soeur Mod, I feel the same way.  There is something about the missionaries and especially you that just makes me want this feeling forever... You guys if you could only feel the spirit I felt when people testify that what your doing is actually working and changing lives... it's a feeling and satisfaction you cannot begin to describe!"

I know that one day Qian, Bei, and Christelle will come back to the church... it might be in the spirit world when i can teach them more:) but I know they will come back but seeing someone else I, through The Lord helped, be baptized and be TRULY converted... the mission is worth it! Those of you who are struggling... just stick it out it's sooo worth it and it's the best.  Simply put its the best! I feel so much love for my amis and for this ward.  I just love being a missionary.  

I hope you all watched or read that talk I gave you last week! Conference is coming up and I am sooo excited! start preparing! 

Sister Mod

No comments:

Post a Comment