first things first... NICH... WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU??? my little-in-love-about-to-get-married friend! please write me and UPDATE me:) thanks:)
Second... I have really learned the power of a cigarette this week... I had some pretty crazy experiences! first things first, our ami Marie-Valentine keeps pushing our rdv (appointment) back when she knows it's the one where we are going to ask her to crush her cigs and be done with it. Moral of the story: still haven't done it and all these grapefruits are going to go bad. (Sandy here: not sure where the grapefruit saying came from but I'm just calling it a French thing and going with it.) We are trying this intense program with her that two missionaries made up like 30 years ago... anyone that worked with amis who smoked, probably know what I'm talking about. Anyway we haven't made any progress there:( Next our ami Elodie… she's finally back from vacation and responded to our texts and we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and she basically knew everything... we had not really prepared for this lesson so I thought I will just ask her for the answers... not my intelligence, totally God's... So we said "Faith... what is faith?" she rattles off the perfect answer.. ok check… "Repentance... what is repentance?" again perfect. check. "Ok well, what's baptism then?" and she then responds with "I have no idea." We stayed quiet and she said "I saw my cousin get baptized in the Catholic church and I didn't understand it at all but I think the symbolism means that it's like a rebirth?" Not quite perfect but then we finally got to teach something :) We finished with "and then the Holy Ghost is your present and then we have to keep doing these things for the rest of our lives... do you want to be baptized?" "yes."... wait really?? It just happened soooo fast! In like 10 minutes we taught her the whole lesson and she committed to be baptized!! I was like oh my gosh what do I do now... do I push it a little further... do test my chances…? It felt like who wants to be a millionaire... do I take the money and walk or do I go for the million dollars? I went for the million and she accepted a date:) May 8th!! A day before my best friend's birthday:) miss akmod... this one is for you:)!! She is a twin and she reminds me of the days of Blondie and Brownie (Ally) :) anyway she has a TERRIBLE smoking problem and she told us she wants to stop so that is good because I thought she loved it so much but she wants to stop:) So next lesson will be Word of Wisdom and then chastity because her boyfriend is coming to live with her in July... haha who wants to be a millionaire people... Soeur Mod does;) pray for those two lessons!
Then third smoking experience... we were coming back from Leadership Council which was SOOO great! We have this cool questionnaire that President Roney introduced that we are going to use when contacting. Hopefully people will actually listen to us and so far it's worked like magic! Anyway we were coming back from that, when our train stopped in Lyon... the doors opened and like 6 people poured out of the train, anxious to light their cigs... they put all their cigarettes in a circle so they could all light up at once. Then they were running back onto the train and had just put their cigs out so now the smoke was trapped on the train... we were like are you kidding me??? It was ridiculously sad! If anyone is reading this that has ANY sort of drug problem... stop right now. stop being a slave to something so incredibly toxic. moral of the story: I am good to take on the word of wisdom lesson for all reasons above and many more:) thank you joseph smith:) smoking and
So we have Josy, Marie-valentine, and Elodie with baptismal dates:) April 12th, April sometime when she stops smoking, and May 8th! Life is good! We are teaching quite regularly which is always great and with this questionnaire we are talking to loads more people! It's great!
I hope everyone is still getting stoked for conference! We are counting down the days! I am also getting pretty good at Spanish:) and I finished my skirt at the sewing class.. I will send a picture:) Be ready for my killer testimony in French and Spanish on Mother's Day y'all! haha
miss you guys!
Sister Mod... the one at the beach beach… let's go get away:)
No comments:
Post a Comment