Monday, September 30, 2013

Yayay for Birthdays and lessons in presence

Bonjour a tous!!

What a week! before I forget! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE BEAR AND KY KY RACK! hope you both had great days! 16 and 21! license and boozzzz haha NOT! sorry ky kind of anticlimatic for you! but anways I hope you recieved my card and you are doing well!

So this week was AWESOME! we taught 8 lessons in the presence of a member! our goal was 11 but things happen and people have the agency :) so we didn't quite hit it but we really tried! by the way 8 is A LOT for france ok! we made it on the inspration team which is like this email they send out showing people who had the highest numbers in certain areas! We had so much to do this week we had to do a split with two girls in our ward to make two of our rdv's happen! it was sooo fun! I went with Lisa this 19 year old recent convert and she is INCREDIBLE!! sooo cool! 

So first of all we taught family home evening last monday and both of our amis came (jean and chrystel) so we taught about the godhead so they both would get it.  hopefully our members got stuff out of it too! it was a really good lesson and chrystel called us after and told us how much she loved and appreciated the lesson.  She is like it makes so much sense like that! i am like I know! In the bible my friend it clearly shows that they are 3 distinct people! Matt. 3 at the end #lookitup so ya take that catholics! 

Then Tuesday We taught a lesson to this really cool girl names anne love from Gabon and she is beautiful and asked lots of really intersting questions!! We taught her friends later in the week with Lisa and it was probably the best first lesson we have ever given.  We divided the lesson up WITH lisa and she is a great job! it was bouncing back and forth to all of us so not just one of us was talking and the testimonies at the end were just so so great! love bearing my testimony! especially of joseph smith... it gets me everytime. but ya our friends were like ya can we see you on monday which was in like a couple of days i was like ya sure! 

Then Wednesday we were on exchanges with the sister training leaders and I was with sister koefed this time... she is super cool and super crazy! soooo not my style but I had a ton of fun learning different ways to do the work! She helped me  A TON! we had the best lessons that day too! We taught Chrystel at a members house and we actually didn't get to teach a lesson because they talked the whole time about their lives and they lived like practically the same life so now they are like the best of friends:) soooo great but we are moving really slowly with her so we will have to move her date back unfortunately! but then we had a really goo lesson with Max and he finally committed to read the book of mormon! He was attacking the book of mormon a little at the end just say things like, "Every religion thinks their right and they all have books and stuff that "proves" they are right this is just another one of those" and the spirit was just so bad... and i just felt darkness around us like I could see it feel it and taste it and I was like I don't like this so i started baring my testimony that this book wasn't going to convice you the spirit of God will and that I wasn't here to convice him and that i won't waste one more sentence trying to tell him it is true if he doesn't want to know its true.  And then I just said Max this book is the best thing that ever came into your life because when you read it the spirit of GOD works in your heart and you feel His love. I can't even remember exactly what i said i just know the darkness dissapated instantly and the spirit was so strong so he said ok I will start reading! YYYAAAA!!

Then we had the baptism of the Grondin family this weekend! Just the dad got baptized so he can baptize his family but it was awesome! our whole district came and it was just incredible! then we went out to the country side to this members house! they literally live in like the hills! Like grandma and grandpa style... no cell service or anything! and it was WAY too long to be out there but the train only came every so often so we had to kill time but they were really nice and fun! SOOOO typical french house and countryside it was beautiful! 

Then SUNDAY.... the one and only frogman came and surprised me at church! BEST THING EVER!!!!! i was in gospel principles sitting next to jean and elder nye comes in and is like someone out there says he knows you and I am like yaaaaa someone we invited to church came! so i go out there and i see this BIG BURLEY guy and i just started crying!!! i was like frogmann??????????? and he goes to hug me and I just freaked out and got so awkward and i was like I CAN'T! haha i am sorry! so we shook hands and it was great! i bore my testimony for him in french and he bore his and it was just perfect! he still speaks french SO WELL! and then after the members just embraced him with love it was soooo great to see.  And I was just crying the whole meeting because I was sooo happy and it was soooo weird to see someone from home i was sooo not expecting it! and all the members came up and just gave me big hugs which is not a french thing to do.  They do the little kiss your cheek thing and that is it.  It was cool! best day ever! best surprise!

Anyway a really good week! i am running out of time but i hope you all have a good week! love you guys!

A bientot :)

Sister Mod
We made cookies:)

DInner!

These odd looking noodles that werent very good...

yeah... maybe not..

No comments:

Post a Comment