Wow another
transfer down i can't even believe it! and yes I am staying in Miracle ville:)
Sooo happy! And with the best companion ever Sister Bowman; the best blue to
ever enter the mission field! AND I get to go to blue's conference with her I
am sooo excited! Sooooo lots of emails today soooo I will hit the highlights!
Last
Tuesday... we had a lesson with Chrystel.. I am pretty sure I have told you
about her but she is the woman that stopped us in the road with her little girl
and lives right by the church... #miracle! Anyway, so we had a lesson planned
with her and we confirmed and everything. we got a member for the lesson but we
get there and she isn't there... I am sooo bummed because we had talked about
Chrystel to this member and this member was sooo excited to teach her. So I was
like ok we're saying a prayer... after the member starts banging on her door
just like "let us in" haha and I am like Sister... she isn't home. So
we leave and I just know we are going to pass her on the street i just had that
feeling!! sure enough we did! she said, "I thought our lesson was at the
church?" :):):) So we went back and watched the joseph smith movie and she
cried at the end. She and our member are the best of friends and it was just
perfect!
Then on
Wednesday we met with a less active. We JUST received her information from
England. We heard she had just moved here and she is like 23 so we were sooo
excited because we thought we would have another person to come teach with
us....So when we call to set up the rdv she says "actually i have been in
st etienne for a year and in france for pretty much my whole life" I was
like.... why are we just getting your records?? So we passed by and she is
living with her boyfriend and they just had a little girl 3 months ago....
perfect....we will reactivate her and convert her husband! :):)
#yaforeternalfamilies The lesson was kind of weird because she speaks english
really well so we were getting to know her in english and then we did our spiritual
thought in french so her boyfriend would understand and she got SOOOO SHY! its
going to be an awkward situation i think to reactivate her in english and teach
him in french... but we can do it with the Lord's help:)
Thursday
was district meeting and it was really good! then we came home and contacted
and passed members all night! with just 15 minutes before we had to be in, we
got off at this stop just to contact the 2 people who weren't drunk on the
road. One of them was this student who was just sooo cool! we told her about
the restoration and I don't know if she is that interested but I felt the
spirit:) I love telling the story of joseph smith! she has our card and I know
she was just a little miracle after talking to lots of people that night who
weren't interested! A seed was definitely planted!
Then
Friday! ahhhh sooo great! We met these chinese girls a couple of weeks ago who
are foreign exchange students. they had JUST arrived in st. etienne so we were
like if you need help let us know and gave them our number. this week they
texted us and were like "do you remember us?" we said ya!!! and said
we want to come to church... we said PERFECT! it was the greatest thing! so we
met them at the church on friday and showed them around and told them the
joseph smith story in english and they loved it! They loved the book of mormon
and when we prayed at the end Qian, is her name, started crying and was like I
just feel so good here! i said ahhhhh me too! So great!
Then
Saturday we had our Movie night that we try to do once a transfer at the
church! The chinese girls came and met Elder petek who speaks chinese and they
just loved it! Christel came with her daughter! and Jean our other ami came as
well! We watched the Testaments which is soooo good! never seen it before and I
am a huge fan! And Christel was crying at the end! And the chinese girls were
soooo excited to get a book of mormon in Chinese! we are going to their house
this week to read the BOM together and they are making us chinese food! win win
situation for us! haha its been a long time since i have eaten chinese food!
Then Sunday
was a special day because it was an emergency stake conference because Elder
Texiere of the 70 came and spoke to our stake! So we watched a transmission
from Lyon and it was sooo good! The talks were sooo inspired... kind of a
bummer i had to translate for a member in our ward so I didn't get as much out
of it but i hope he understand....by the way its SUPER HARD to translate!! A
family that is friends with the bishop's family came to church! a huge family
with like 4 kids and we got to meet them and i am really really hoping we get
to start teaching them! they were really cool and i think they liked us:) i
hope! and then Christel came as well! After church she sent us a text and said
"Thank you so much sisters... I have not had a weekend like that in a long
time. see you on tuesday" AHHHH! our problem was that we could only see
her once a week and now she is like can you come on saturday and i will make
you lunch? haha we said as long as we can talk about Jesus too, of course! She
said well of course:) haha sooo great!
Anyway it
was just a really really good week! oh yaaaaa i forgot! we kind of fixed a
baptismal date with Nelly last night too! So Oct. 13th! pray for that! She is
praying for a confirmation right now! Ahhh she is sooo great!
Love you
guys! have a good week!
Sister Mod
No comments:
Post a Comment