Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stettttiennnne (slang for where I am)‏ September 2nd 2013


Dear family and friends!

I hope you like my title... I am sooooo in the know with all the "argot" (slang in french) that the teenagers use here in St. Etienne:) haha just kidding I am totally not! I am a missionary and if the conversation isn't about Jesus I am a little lost on the vocabulary! haha my companion laughs at me all the time because she understands everything and has to fill me in! We make a great team:) I seriously love her so much and I am almost positive we are both staying here and together! Well that's what I want to happen at least! :)

First of all... my comp and I eat some sort of carb mixed with veggies and some sort of protien for lunch everyday and then left overs and cereal for dinner if we have time for it... so if you all want to send me EASY recipes that would be much appreciated! couscous and pasta is getting a little old! haha we have to like force feed ourselves at night because we are so tired and we are TIRED of the same taste in food! haha so yes RECIPES PLEASE! 

So we had zone conference this week with president roney and had our interviews! mine was pretty anti-climatic because he just said, "do you have any questions or concerns?" and I said no! and he said "I figured! you're a work horse and you're doing incredible things in St. Etienne!" haha i was like wow thank you! Then we talked about the Fall and how hard it is to explain to people that have questions; how it was a commandment not to eat the fruit but it needed to happen thing. so we decided its best to just skip that part on the plan of salvation:) haha it was a funny interview! And the rest of conference was awesome. we have these new groups called baptism teams and my team are the sisters in ecully which means sister stevens:) i am sooo excited! basically each member of the team has to teach each of your investigators who are engaged to be baptized before they get baptized! annnnddddd everyone in your district gets to go to the baptism! I might actually get to see a baptism this transfer... not one of our amis specifically. But they are the amis of the mission anyways right:)?? SO that was exciting and then we went straight to Aix en Provence for an exchange with the sister training leaders and I was with Sister hills, who I love and adore so much! it was a great exchange and I always learn soooo much from exchanges! I hated being away from my comp though.  i seriously love her! On the way home, we prepared a lesson that we are going to give to all the members to help spark them in their missionary efforts because we are tired of teaching uninterested men... haha and this week we were blessed with MIRACLES!

My favorite one of the week... we were on our way home from the church one night and we have been focusing on contacting women and families so their was a woman with a stroller so i said  ok sister bowman you got this:) (she is afraid of contacting) and just as she opened her mouth this lady was like "who are you guys? i see people like you all the time and you are the only people in france who say hi without knowing the person." we just started laughing! we said, yup thats us! so we explained who we are and then she said, "Here is my number and I would love for you to come over."  we thought SAWEEEETT! so we set up a rdv for a couple of days later and we were frantically trying to get a member to come with us and NO ONE could come! so last resort we called sister cadet, the relief society president who has 3 small children. we knew she would be swamped but we were like president wants every lesson in the presence of a member, we have to do it.  So we called... and she said "ya i can come!"  what? how? it was a miracle and she came and we gave a short lesson because this lady had to go pick up her little girl from day care.  But basically Christelle, that is her name, is golden! she told us, "I didn't believe in much of anything but after I had my little girl I am SURE that He is there! i know he is and I thank Him everyday for my little girl and all my blessings!" Sister Cadet was perfect because she has tons of little kids and she said yes... there isn't anything like the blessing of kids! So we gave her a BOM and she said, "oh cool i love reading right before I got to bed and so does my daughter!" we thought perfect:) and then she said soooo do you want to come back on monday? we  said how about tuesday? and she said "great! i am free after 4!" we are like WHAT IS HAPPENING! she lives in a beautiful apartment! she seems soooo normal and she is a WOMAN! with a daughter! she is going to eat up church I am sooo excited! 

So ya there are so many things happening right now! We found another family last night! OH AND I FORGOT! so we went to Tence on Thursday with the Elders to help Nelly and her family move. We got there and Nelly said "ok I was thinking before we move you could give me and my family a lesson?" I was like ummmmm ok can you help me teach the joseph smith story and she said "ya sure!" WHAT????? soooo cool! so we met her whole family and I seriouly want her brother to come paly for REAL slc and live with you guys!  you would love him! he is like Beau but black! he is super quiet but really athletic and just the nicest sweetest guy in the world! he is the only boy in the family and just totally takes care of everyone! its so awesome; their family is sooo cool! We are going to try and visit them this week in Le Puy... apparently its gorgeous there. look it up! 

Anyways there are a few miracles for you! sorry this is all over the place! miracles just kept coming to my mind as I typed! But all I can say is the gospel makes you happy... my days are redundant, i rarely eat dinner, the mornings are getting cold and dark, and only a few people that we talk to a day are interested (which is more than most areas) but I am SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY all the time! because I know exactly what I am doing here... I am telling everyone how cool and fun it is to follow the teachings of our Savior!  I love this video clip that we watched by Elder Holland... "our road in life might be really tough sometimes but when life is hard, know your walking shoulder to shoulder with the greatest life to ever live.  Now you know a very small sliver of what he endured for you!"  SO POWERFUL! ITs called Missionary Work and the Atonement by Elder Holland.  IL FAUT REGARDER! (you Have to watch it!!!!!)  my challenge...everyone watch it! 

Love you all have a wonderful week! 

Sister Mod

No comments:

Post a Comment