Monday, September 23, 2013

6 amis!! Sept. 23, 2013

Dear family and friends!

sooooo the end of this week was incredible but the beginning was close to the worstttt! Let me explain. SoThis last week we visited a less active that attacked my testimony because I told her that we all have to deal with the negative thoughts of the devil. I told her that if we let them get the best of us we will be miserable.  I shared an experience about how at the beginning of my mission I was really down and I let him discourage me a lot and how there were times that I thought about going home... I used this story to try and boost her spirits right?... Noshe takes it and gets offended that I ever wanted to go home...and i was like what??? for real? Thatall you got out of that story? Oh #lessactives i sometimes wish the feeling of offense never existedWhatevs! i bore testimony at the end and I felt the spirit so I was happy:) Then we passed another less active that same night that didn't want anything to do with us... bummer. Then the next day we BOX COLORED MY HAIR! oh ya that really happened and it turned out really good! i am sending pictures! so I am now a dirty blonde... who would have thought? we had a few minutes to kill before helping a member with her move so we ported by her apartment.  By a miracle, we get let into this building and we hike all the way to the top floor. This lady answers the door who has a disability so were like shoot we just ported like a retirement home; but then her caretaker comes over and says, sorry who are you? We explain and she is like well this lady doesn't understand... and we said ya we know. Then she said, but i am interested... what? Ok!!! We fixed a rdv with her forsaturday... taught her and explained the book of mormonsuper fast and she came to church the next day! #domincanrepublicstatus :) Sorry beau couldn’t resist!

Then Thursday was just hard! We got tombe-vous'd (our rdv's fell through) all afternoon. Also, everyone is at work and school so you can port for hours which is NOT the funnest thing to do all afternoon.  We just felt like we were wandering all day and then by a miracle our DMP set up to take us to Le Puy where Nelly lives to do a lesson.  Le Puyis like an hour away by car.  we got there and watched the Joseph Smith movie and at the end her mom says, "I can't hide this from you anymore, I am a preacher for my church and i have baptized my kids in this church and they will stay in this church." and she said it in perfect french... I was like wait i thought you didn't even know french that well?  I was just so stunned I didn't even know what happened... I had just born my testimony to close the lesson and the spirit was super strong.  Then she said that and you just felt the spirit leave! So driving back I was just sooo bummed.  I was thinking well does that mean Nelly isn't going to get baptized? I was just so confused!

The next day was BLue's conference so we went to Lyon and all the missionaries that came in last transfer were together again!  so I got to see Sister Richardson, my MTC comp! best thing ever! After the conference, we came back and ate chinese food with our new chinese amisthey cooked for us and it was SOOOO GOOD! they made fun of me because I can't use chopsticks! Then we showed them BYU and mormon.org and they were going nuts! They said “there’s a school with people all like you?”  I told them kind of; not missionaries but mormons yes.  They were just loving it... they are thinking of applying! 

Then on Saturday we ate lunch with Chrystel our ami with the little 2 year old girl.  It was really good; she is a really good cook! But it was far too long of an afternoon to be with her especially because we didn't really even get a lesson in.  Everytime we brought the church up she would go off about a spiritual experience that she had that was not BOM related or anything like that.  Which is cool but we are like ok we want to TEACH you! Save these experiences for fast sunday:) So then we came back to our apartment and were just feeling bad; like we were bad missionaries for spending so much time with her and not giving her a lesson.  WE gave her a date this week for baptism and if our lessons don't get better she won't be ready and we were just stressing!

Then our ami Jean called and was like do you remember our rdv today... umm what? no(oops!:) haha so ya we had a rdv with him and it was sunny and nice so we did it out on the grass at the church and he completely opened up to us and told us how he just wants a wife who believes the same things he does.  He wants an eternal family like the ones he sees at church... ohhh soo cute! he is like 38 and from congo so if you know any girls send them his way!haha but it was a REALLY good lesson and we fixed a date for baptism for him too! sooo awesome! 

Then the best part of the week! 6 amis at church... 6! that issoooo many people! But really!! We had chrystel and her daughter... which was so great she got 2 hours of just lessons without her daughter and she LOVED relief society! Then we had julienne who really loved church too, then Jean who came for all 3 hours!, The chinese girls came which was another miracle... An exchange student (who was converted here in st. etienne like 10 years ago) was here visiting from china and is the strongest convert you will ever meet! So she translated and became the chinesegirls best friend! soooo awesome! And then we had Giovanna.  The chinese girls were so happy and said they felt like part of a family because the members were just great and welcoming! It was the best day ever! I just can't even describe how good yesterday was!!  Our members are great and our amis are better and we have 3 with a baptismal dates!! All this after a hard week where we felt like we didn't accomplish a lot our numbers showed differently.  The Lord works in mysteries ways! Church is true!

Thought: I read in Matt. today about Jesus walking on water and asks Peter to come out and try too. As peter starts to sink he says "Lord, save me" and then it says "and immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand" and i love that is says IMMEDIATELY! Thats what happened this week... we were feeling down and we asked for help and instead of the Lord saying... come on Peter show a little more faith OR come on sisters show more faith, he stretched forth his hand to help us.  Toute Suite= french for right a way!! And he blessed us with the best Sabbath day ever! Anyway, look for the Lord's saving grace in your life this week! Atoute suite!! Love you all thanks for your prayers and support! ask for His help and I promise it will come.  
Love you Sister  Mod

P-day loving:)


Our Chinese Night!!!

more P-day!

I love this sister right here.

We bought stuff from the market to make curry!!

This is where Nelly lives! soooo French


A bunch of ikea stuff!!

I love our Chinese girls:)

Blue's Conference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment