Monday, August 18, 2014



Sooo as Dad put it today... I am in the last leg of the race... I cannot believe I am in my last transfer... literally the fastest year and a half of my life!  I can't even describe to you the way I am feeling. Part of me never wants to leave and the other part of me is so excited to see my family! Oh man such a blur of emotions.  And for those who haven't heard, I am staying in beautiful Carcassonne with my blue... so I will finish training her and she will... finish me:) haha That is exactly what I wanted to happen so I am beyond thrilled.  My cute blue Soeur Wiseman is literally an angel! I love her so much! The other sister equipe was replaced by elders.... it will be nice to have them to help out with the less active men but we were SO close with the other sister equipe... it was soooo fun! Oh man...we miss those two little Scandanavians already! they are great! What an AMAZING transfer!

So highlights of the week because I don't have a lot of time today... comme d'habitude. (as usual) Remember Sed... he has a baptismal date for the 27th of September:) which is right before I go home! He is literally the coolest greatest person I have ever met... we put his date for farther back becasuuuussseeee he doesn't know who Peter, James, and John are... #muslimprobs #neverreadthebible  We were thinking of asking permission to watch Veggie Tales so he can learn the Bible stories simply:) I've never seen it but Soeur Wiseman says they're great:) So we taught him the law of chastity this week and found out he has a girlfriend... wasn't expecting that! haha oh the intimate details you find out about people's lives through the missionary lessons... #tbm (throw back monday) to ally's investigator telling her she does illegal drugs! kind of hilarious. #noshame 

Then both of our equipes fasted for our ward that we can find out how to motivate the leaders to fulfill their callings... starting with home teaching:) We prayed for some ideas and we also fasted for our own specific reasons. It was really poweful and great. Still trying to brainstorm ideas... so if you have any feel free to help us out:)

On Saturday, we rented bikes to see if getting bikes here in Carcassonne would be helpful... we had an AMAZING day visiting members and fixing plans to meet their friends! Members are so willing to do missionary work here... you just have to get to their house to find that out and you can only get there if you walk about an hour or two OR ride a bike:) The bike is much faster and we had a blast! My butt is so sore today though... Lori's cycling class is going to kick my butt... literally:) can't wait:) s/0 to COACH LOR!

After church on Sunday, we taught a member's friend and her son! Her son went to EFY here in France and now knows the church is true! He loves it and reads the BOM every night... he is like 14! His mom is hardcore Catholic... like has the keys to the Catholic cathedral in their small village.  She cried through our whole lessons yesterday and was like... I don't know what to do. I don't want my son to come here and me go there... but at this point I don't even know what is right. She is sooo confused because she hasn't recieved an answer yet... but I also think she is not ready to get an answer yet. She will have to make loads of choices.  Poor thing I felt so bad for her.  She is the first practicing Catholic I have taught in a long time and but yet she is still so open.  She is really cool I am excited to keep working with her.  I shared my testimony of Joseph Smith and cried... as always! Shout out to Ally's email today... the first vision is sooo powerful... it gets me everytime! And family prayer.  She is divorced and she says it's really hard to be dad and mom... I said well "my dad worked a lot and he was rarely home... he was only home a couple of days during the month but he was always home on Sundays and we always had family prayer when he was home and he always said it because he didn't get to throughout the week." I then explained to her how special it was to hear what my dad prayed for. The specific things he knew about our lives and the specific things he blessed us with. We invited her to pray with her son as often as they were together. I think that will be special for her to see what her son prays for. It was a great lesson... moral of the story... keep doing family prayer... if you haven't been having it.repent and start:) 
love you have a great week!

soeur mod

Pic one: Saying goodbye to the sisters on the ends….
Pic two: Biking…or struggling biker.

No comments:

Post a Comment