Monday, May 5, 2014

Everything is ALLL good:)


Sorry ladies and gentlemen for the dramatic email last week... I wish I could say I was being more dramatic than it actually was but that would be a lie.  That was the roughest week of my mission besides the Chrystelle thing.  But anyway this week par contre was much much better! Let's begin with a happy birthday to my mom…Sandals and Er bear:) happy birthday!!! love you both!!! 

Now last Monday we left for Leadership Council in Lyon and I talked with Elder Moeller for the whole train ride! He is just coming from the island of Corsica (which is in the mission) so I was getting all the cool secrets about that tiny little island:) I got to spend the night in Lyon and stay with Soeur richardson (MTC companion) it was soooo great!!! And Soeur Bentley! (from Alpine) We talked about all the people gettting married or who are married... haha and how crazy that is! I swear every week someone new is engaged or married!  Congrats to all of you:) On Tuesday we had our leadership council, which is always the best thing ever! So very powerful.  I received so much direction that I needed in my life as a missionary and the spiritual boost to get over this moment of hardship and find the next person who needs this gospel! We were blessed with lots of new amis this week and lessons and I know its because we decided to change our attitude:)

Wednesday we had an exchange in Perpignan, my first area and it was really great! We had random things to do all day so we were teaching, testifying and working out all day... yes I said working out... So our ward does Sport Extreme which is where we all get together and watch the Insanity work out videos... We put it online and now we have loads of people who come and it's killer! Literally we are dying! So Soeur Bragg and I went to Sport Extreme Thursday night because we have some potential amis who go to it. 

Thursday we had zone training which we did completely in French which is not common unless you're in the Switzerland zone.. haha So when it came time to do our part as Sister Training Leaders we had not prepared to do it in French but it came out well I think. I love zone trainings.. they get me pumped up again:) It was awesome! One zone leader said something that I really liked.. he said, "this is reality.. being a missionary and living the gospel to the fullest everyday is real life... this is as real as it gets." and it's so true... never in my life will the purpose of life be as real as it is now.. I hope I can keep that feeling and knowledge forever... this is what it's all about; sharing the gospel and being an example at all times and in all things and in all places:)

Also on Thursday we finally saw Josy... BIG miscommunication but very frustrating quand meme because she had made a mountain out of a mole hill… literally. It was the most ridiculous story and she accused me of saying things I never said nor understand in French.  But she was like don't worry Soeur Mod I am over it and I forgive you... haha I was like ok well then I guess I should say sorry? So ya she is getting baptized still on the 10th but we are leery about it just because we are afraid she will offend and be offended her whole life.  But she is ready... she knows this is true she has a testimony.  There is nothing stopping her and I am very happy for her.. I am soo happy to have her back in my life to be honest.  I love her sooo much even though sometimes it's rocky.

On Friday we were on another exchange; this time with a sister equipe that is still really struggling.... the ones we went to go see last week?  We had a big companionship inventory together at the end of our exchange and it was really good.  They are polar opposite.  They have pretty much nothing in common.  But we told them something we were inspired by the spirit to say and I want to share it with you all.  We said, "You maybe very different but you will always have one thing in common and that is the gospel... "you are both members of the true church of God... and that should always be enough. That should always be the most important thing to have in common with someone." It went well and we invited them to study the gospel.  We will follow up next week:)

Saturday was probably one of the craziest days of my life.  So we went to Sport Extreme and had like 14 poeple there! Just leading and translating Insanity!! #sixmonthstosexyhasbegun! After we went to see our amie Fanny.  Well we get there and she is dressed in this tiny black dress with lots of make up on... so I knew immediately something was up... We go in and there is this guy that is sooo scary and creepy, wasted drunk on her couch.  Then there were two sketchy girls chillen on the couch; helping this poor drunk guy roll his own cigarette while the kids played on the ground with this super gross dog... I literally felt like I had walked into hell.... seriously the worst feeling ever just came over me and had to fight back tears the whole time we were there.  So this drunk guy we found out was her "super Christian boyfriend" starts saying "Why did you invite the Mormons over here?" and starts going off about how we aren't Christian and I was like dude you won't even remember this conversation in five minutes so zip it:) haha but I didn't say that... anyway we bore testimony and thankfully we were with our member that knows her well so he took control of the situation. When we left, I just started crying in the stairwell.  I couldn't move I was practically paralyzed by fear for those sweet kids.  I looked at our member and I said, "Those kids can't stay there." and he said "Don't worry Soeur Mod she will get it figured out but she has to get there because she chose it, not because we are forcing her.  I just can't believe how irresponsible some people can be.  Those poor kids were trapped inside an apartment with 4 super immature adults.  I cried for awhile just thinking of how incredibly lucky I am.... how lucky I was to have parents who don't smoke, drink, or party.... parents who are married... and stayed married.  Growing up in a home where I KNOW that I am loved.  I can't really explain the feeling I felt but basically I am just very grateful that I was born into the situation I was because those poor kids weren't. :(

This is long and I have to go but Sunday was great and church was great and I love my life as a missionary! Thanks for your love and support! love you all!

Sister Mod

No comments:

Post a Comment