Pic 1: Frozen yogurt! So good!
Pic 2: Josy's baptism
Pic 3: The ville where I would live when I return to France:)
Pic 4: Two common things found here: poop and cigs.
It was great to talk to the girls yesterday! They're both doing so wonderfully. We actually got to meet Josy on Skype and she is as Soeur Mod says…sooo great:) Yesterday's phone call is our last until we are talking and laughing in person late September! (December for Ally) And depending on a wedding of a French friend of hers, we may be picking her up so she can attend:) The office has told her flight plans are coming in a couple of weeks for her departure…somebody pinch me.
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:50:24 +0200
Subject: Ma Maman Americainne
From:mccall.modersitzki@myldsmail.net
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:50:24 +0200
Subject: Ma Maman Americainne
From:mccall.modersitzki@myldsmail.net
Happy mother's day everyone!
I got to talk to my cute mamma yesterday and it was the best thing ever! SOOO grateful for my mom/mom's! My amie Josy... who got baptized:):):):) on Saturday thinks she is my French mom because she is always telling me how to live a healthier, economical life! She is hilarious! She is like a walking google... you ask her a question and she has some hilarious home remedy to cure you of whatever you are asking her. She is soooo great and her baptism was great! SHE IS A MEMBER now!!! ahhh so happy!!!
Anyway the week was very good. I have not a lot of time today. There was another holiday last Thursday which meant that our exchange was cancelled and we were on foot most of the day to get to our rdv's and stuff... there are like 3 major holidays in May in France and it's ridiculous! Nothing is open and nothing is running so we just contacted a lot and passed people in ville and it was fun! We had a girl's night at Emily Paul's house to get ourselves all pampered up for the baptism! Josy wanted her nails painted by Soeur Roberts because she is really good at painting nails apparently haha #hiddentalent. We did 3 sessions of sport extreme this week! #5monthstosexy so ya still feeling a little sore! Most of this week was just getting ready for the baptism. It was in the ville next to ours because our chapel is under construction, so we had to prepare everything really really well. So it was a good week!!
It ended even better getting to talk to my cute family and my sister... I was able to talk to Ally for about 5 minutes just she and I and it probably was the best five minutes of my whole mission!!! We sat there and cried and told each other how much we loved each other and how proud we were of each other... haha sooo cheesey but it really was like the best 5 minutes ever. It's a feeling I cannot describe being on a mission but it's the best feeling in the world... knowing that Ally is feeling that same thing and doing the same thing everyday just pushes me to do more. She is my hero!!! It was sooo good to share my testimony in French with my family... because I testify all the time in French, the spirit is actually stronger to me now when I speak in French… I guess you could say I prefer to testify in French actually. I wish I could say I don't cry every time I testify of eternal families, but that would be a lie. It gets me everytime because I am SO grateful for my eternal family! They are the best and I am SO excited to create my own some day! Sooo excited! What a blessing! Anyway sorry this email is all over the place! en beef (in short)... it was a fabulous week! love you all!
Soeur Mod
No comments:
Post a Comment