Monday, April 14, 2014

I got transferred to...,, Africa:)

Pic one: winner winner chicken dinner
pic two: Jehovah Witnesses contacting on street; not amused.
pic three: making cookies with Janet Jackson, er Marie Valentine, our investigator


Sooo to explain my subject line... there will be photos that follow! haha seriously sometimes i ask myself if i am in France or in Africa:) but I got Nichel's graduation anouncement this week! thanks for sending me one that was sooo thoughtful! congrats Nichy Nich:) 

So this week I felt a little sick at the beginning of the week but we went running with Josy because she wants to slim down before her baptism:) haha hilarious.  And then on Wednesday we were on exchanges and I was with Soeur Grunke who is from Germany! she is soo cool and BEAUTIFUL! she is a babe. But her comp was with my comp and she used to serve here so they had sooo many rdv's and lessons and everything and we had nothing because they took them all... we were fasting with josy so that her brother would find the missionaries in guadeloupe... so it was a HOT long day of contactng with no food... haha we literally contacted all day until 6. That's when we taught fanny which went well but we found lots of blocks that she has.  To put it simply, by the time we got back that night the only miracle we could find from the day is that we didn't die of exhaustion.. haha we had no success but we were so tired at the end of the day we just laughed and bought a pastry:) haha Soeur Grunke was a good sport about it.  

We only had one exchange this week so I got to hang out with my companion for a whole 3 days:) it was so great! we found some really cool people together and had some miracle lessons.  We taught this guy named "Guy" who is super super cool! we will be seeing him again this week.  

The high for the week was Saturday! we went to visit Francine and emilie (They are two recent converts.. Francine from my time here and Emilie from about a year ago) and they were slaughtering chicken and defeathering them and cutting out their insides.... oh my gosh we were sick the rest of the day but it was awesome to watch! gross too but it was hilarious! I have a video!!  And then that night was the talent show and it was AWESOME! Basically the Clark family (the American couple I am obsessed with;)) were the stars of the show! At the end of the talent show, they were jamming out on the electric guitar, singing this great song and I remember how much I STILL miss music! haha it was very fun! We missionaries sang at the beginnng... ATTENTION EVERYONE.. put your kids in music for their mission's sake... you get called on all the time to invite the spirit in with music and I can play a couple hymns.  I can't really sing or anything and my comp was like "your voice is fine in a choir"... haha thanks soeur roberts:) so ya help your children out and put them in voice/music lessons or something.  

Then Sunday was really good! the meetings were really powerful and that is always good! it was a good week! i am ready to stay another transfer in Montpellier! its getting nice and hot here... I am SO happy! i love the sun and the warmth!

Oh ya.. soeur roberts tried to fix my hair this week and i think it looks a little better... i don't know its still short which i hate but it looks better:) Rondi.. i will need lots of help when i get home:) (Rondi is her stylist at home)

love you all bonne semaine

soeur mod

BBFDDACC-F2F6-4A30-8F2A-6D2D6222B0D1

E16CD1A4-A323-424A-94B4-A935B708E428

50A98823-030F-4F46-A25F-2FC1264D32AD

No comments:

Post a Comment