Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Staaaaying and training again!! Oct. 28 2013

hahah sooooo big news for the transfers... I am staying in St. Etienne and I am training a brand new missionary again! I told President Roney on the phone... "Really... your trusting me with another?" I couldn't believe it! I was so sure I was moving! But my little blue, Sister Bowman, is heading to Aix and is with Sister Russell... my first come in this area! I was like you two can just reminice... can't spell that word... about St. Etienne!:) she was really really sad to leave! I said "are you crazy? Aix is beautiful and its warm... stop crying!":) I will cry when i leave st. etienne too! I love it.  And its been sunny and soooo sooo warm and I have received tons of cards and packages from my wonderful family this week so it was great!!

I don't have a lot of time today because I had a lot of emails and a SUPER cool video of my cute boyfriend and amazing roommate…and I may have watched it like 2 or 5 times... who was counting:) anyways love hearing and seeing the people I love. 

So this week... I can't think of anything substantial.. but we teach steadily our amis and that is the greatest thing you could ask for. We found this new girl who is super awesome and its been awhile since we have found someone sincerely interested.  We taught a lot for a couple of weeks but it was a lot of single lessons, no 2nd ones and that is really sad.  I hate when that happens! Our new gal's name is Patricia and she is really cool so pray that she stays interested.  There is a lot of bad media in Europe about Mormons... I am sure Ally, Sister Beck, Elder J can back me up on that one.  So sometimes I feel like my job is just to help people see that we are normal:) not that I am that normal... i am getting sooo awkward... ahhh! but we passed by a member this week that can't come to church because she works. She has to work because her husband died a couple of years ago. Let me just tell you, she is the coolest strongest women I have ever heard! (Remind me to tell you all about her after my mission... She has literally forever changed my life.  When the work gets hard here, I just go visit a really strong member and then I think they are soooo cool I have to keep working to find more people that can help them!!!  I learned this week that everyone lives very very difficult lives.  French people are very private so it takes a long time to get to know them and understand their situation but when I know their full story I just look at them in awe and think... how are you still active?? The church has struggled SO much here in France and then you see these strong members and I think "you are just amazing! how do I be like you?" I have been using the journal Beau sent me and just filling it up with all these lessons I am learning from members and it has really helped me to have a better week the next week.  Just looking at the people around me and thinking... "what can I learn from you" anyways that was that:)

My farewell with Sister Bowman was really good, although she cried haha. She is a very quiet person; very shy and timid.  We are sooooo different but I loved her so so much. I told her before she left that this new start in Aix will be perfect for her and just to go into it guns blazing! I was like "sr bowman... you were meant to be more than living in someone else's shadow... you were meant to be in the spotlight!" We struggled a little bit with that because when we were alone she was soooo funny and cool and great. But then she would get sooo quiet around people and I was like "come on let everyone see what I see!" haha the whole world sees too much of me anway!

We also had stake conference this week which is soooo great because you get to see everyone in our stake which means loads of missionaries! And best part about this whole thing.... SR STEVENS IS MY COMP FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!!! ahhhh best thing ever! she is training too so we are hanging out in lyon together again until our new blues arrive fresh from the MTC! I hope we serve together; she is my favorite thing about mission life after converting people to the gospel and stuff:) anyways have a good week all and I love you!!

Sister Mod

No comments:

Post a Comment