So I spent most of the week in Lyon with Sister stevens and I am tempted to say it was one of the funnest couple of days of my mission! I love her so much and president told us that we would for sure be serving together soon so we were both pumped! I love getting blues; they are so full of drive and light and they have so much positive energy! My new companion Soeur Cherry is the best. She is ready to work hard and she is exactly what I needed at this time! I am excited! She is from Tennessee and is just so nice! I can't believe President asked me to train again. On the phone I was like... you really trust me with another one but it truly is a very flattering and rewarding experience.
So we had a crazy weekend trying to see everyone the last couple of days that we finally got back to st. etienne! we had a halloween party on friday night that i literally planned by myself because the elders were at a conference all day and couldn't even come! So stressful but very worth it! the members said they loved it so i will send pictures! Chrystel came with celia and she was soooo happy. Not her daughter... But Chrystel said this is sooo great! haha i said ya happy halloween! this is how we do it in america!:) Anyway that was great and then we taught like 4 or 5 lessons on saturday! CRAZY!! we have 3 baptisms coming up this saturday.... like for sure they are happening... As in clothes have been tried on and food is being prepared and family has been invited... happening! i am dying i could cry! my first one!!! after 5 months of hard work here in st. etienne The Lord let me stay to see the fruits of our labors! i am sooo excited! I met some awesome people last week as well! We are in the process of finding people so that after our baptisms we will still have people to teach. Pray we find people! other than that i don't have a lot to update because I was barely in my sector! my pictures will explain more!
Chrystel: we taught her tithing and i was super nervous because she works and is a single mom but we took an awesome member and she was like "oui, pas de soucis" which means ya not a problem i can pay that... show me how to do it tomorrow at church! i said ok cool!
To Qian and Bei we taught fasting and they said "How many lessons do we have left? You're going to come by everyday this week to prepare us for baptism right?" i said yes don't worry and then Qian said "ummm sister mod... i can't swim" I said don't worry you won't be swimming:) haha Yes everything is going sooo well! we are having a chinese meal for them after the baptism. It's going to be SO great! stay tuned for the details next week i am so happy i could die!
Anyway...my spritual thought for this week is this: The missionaries do more than plant seeds... we plant and harvest:) we are fortunate enough to be harvesting this weekend! love you all!
Sister Mod
No comments:
Post a Comment