•note from the mom•
hello everyone!
I am sure you are all wondering... "What did you do after all your amis got baptized?" haha its a very good question... we worked harder then we did to get them baptized and the Lord blessed us with very promising people! We had some really awesome lessons this week and we had zone conference. It was the "interview tour" so I had my interview with President Roney, which was great! I told him that lately I have been really tired. After training for 4 transfers, I am exhausted! Training is hard work but it is rewarding. Then he basically told me that I am weeks away from even more responsibility.. and I said uhh thanks? Literally I said, "Are you trying to kill me of exhaustion? haha I tried to be flattered but I just told him if that happens I am sleeping in the day after transfer calls:) No I am kidding and I have no idea if he was being serious or not but we will cross that tiring bridge if we get there! So that was fun to meet with him. I also got to see Sister Stevens too which was wonderful! I love her so much! Every time I see her it's the best day ever!
We went for a follow-up lesson with the Chinese girls and we taught them about the temple and Bei cried when we talked about doing the work for the dead. She was really close to her grandpa and she wants to do his work. They are incredible! We are working on finding a time to go to the temple and to find names so that we can take them when we go. I should say "they" go... unfortunately the temple is out of mission boundaries... If they go while i am still here, I am soooooooo asking if i can go!:) It was a really great lesson!
Our lesson after baptism for Chrystelle did not go nearly as well. Unfortunately she read some anti-mormon junk online and her testimony has been shaken a bit. It was a really difficult lesson and I left feeling completely hopeless. It was probably one of the lowest points I have ever felt in my life. We went with Frère Professo, our ward mission leader, and after the lesson he said "well now you have a real taste of how it is to be a member here in France." He wasn't saying it in a mean way but it made me even more sad because its true... If you all are wondering why people say "Oh France... that will be a hard mission!!" It's because these members are very new to the gospel and they are attacked for their beliefs every single day. I couldn't believe the change I saw in Chrystelle. The whole atmosphere of her home was different. Darkness just hung in her apartment and through tears I asked her..."Do you feel this? This darkness that is here as you talk about the prophet like that?" By the end of our lesson, I couldn't choke out anything because I was so sad and she wouldn't let me... she kept cutting me off. But I just bore my simple testimony and said.. Chrystelle you can attack my beliefs all you want and you can tell me that everything isn't "normal" but I can tell you that it won't make any difference for me. I KNOW this church is true! I know my life is better because of it. I didn't leave my beautiful family, awesome boyfriend, amazing friends, and my studies that I LOVE if I didn't know without a doubt that this was true. I will not let you continue to talk about the prophet in this way so we are going to go... and with a prayer, we left. So I am trying to figure out what we will do now... so if you can pray for me and for her that would be great:) Moral of the story... satan is the worst! and I am starting to think the internet was the worst invention ever haha!
Other than that, we have an awesome new ami, Patricia, who came to church and she is literally every definition of GOLDEN!! Her boyfriend is going to come with her next time. She is one of the coolest people I have ever met! The Lord blessed us with really nice people this week because He knew I was down. Everyone we met was extremely nice to us this week; it was amazing! The members were amazing too! Word travelled fast about Chrystelle and pretty soon every sister in the Relief Society had called and wanted to see if I was ok. This ward is unreal and they are literally my family. My family, I will be homesick for this ward family through my whole mission i know it! I love sainte:)
Anyway sorry for the downer email but just be sooooooo grateful to have grown up in the church around lots of members!!! I know I am! And if you don't fall into that category... I praise you for your faith and example and your diligence!!! Seriously, people like you inspire me to be a better missionary!!!
Have a good week everyone!
Love sister Mod
No comments:
Post a Comment