Hello all!
Sooo crazy our schedule got
switched up because of spring semester and since the teaching jobs here are
technically an on campus job we adjust to them. I now have class at 7 in
the morning dinner at 4 in the afternoon and no waffle temple Tuesdays... so ya
not in love with the new schedule but hey I only have 2 more weeks of it:) so
my new P day is Monday!
My life is extremely repetitive...
I do the same thing everyday but I have really been focusing on the language
this week and trying to expand my knowledge. We had another "district inventory"
yesterday but this time with the branch president because he talked to my
companion and I about our district and we were like we are kind of
struggling. So he came into help us and ended up calling a new district
leader.... the old one thinks the gift of tongues will save him in the
field. I politely told him yesterday that God can't bring something to
your remembrance you have never learned... for example the subjunctive tense in
French. He was not all that pleased with my response but I just smiled
and said well if you need help with the language you know where to find me:) so
ya things in our district are kind of the same which is unfortunate but as I
have been told in my prayers and scripture study every time I express
frustration to the Lord... "The only person you can change is
yourself." Sooooo that is what I have been trying to do and my
lessons went SOOOO well this week. My companion’s French is coming along
sooo well! I have had her start off our lessons and give the first vision story
and then I follow up with the questions and clarification. The other day
we were teaching our teacher who was actually a sub and my comp started to cry
when she gave the story and the spirit was sooo strong. Her French was
broken but the simple testimony of it all was so powerful. This sub has
been an answer to prayer because she has worked with our companionship
specifically and told us what we can do to progress while the rest of the class
remains a little stagnant. We got done with our lesson and she was like
wowwww that was amazing. The spirit was
so strong. She uses really difficult vocabulary and we got so stumped by her a
couple of times in lesson and I haven't been stumped once yet... it was a
humbling experience. But I loved it because she points out the places we need
to read in the scriptures to find a good answer to a difficult question or she
points out grammatical errors we make and she is always like, "don't make
that mistake next time:)" she has been great I am sad to see her go.
We are getting new teachers this week because of spring semester so it should
be a nice mix up maybe?
Then this week in TRC... which is
the thing when we teach members who speak french and it’s like visiting/home teaching
appointment? ya'll remember that?? ya well this week I got my friend Anna. It
was fun to teach her and our lesson was on revelation through the Book of
Mormon. My new favorite scripture is one I found for the lesson! It’s 2
Nephi 31;3! Go read it its so good! Anyways she had her mission call and was
just about to go open it! I am like ahhhh its the best thing ever! She did study
abroad right before me in Paris and when I got my call she is like you
literally got my dream mission. I am like I know I got everyone's dream
mission including my own:) she got called to temple square.... which is super
cool but I can imagine she was hoping to speak French! But I am excited for her
and I have heard she is excited about it!
Then on Sunday we heard from two
amazing speakers. We heard from Sister Oscarson for Relief Society and
she is the new young women's president. She was soooo great! We always go
out and meet them afterwards and my comp is a rockstar because her dad is Elder
Richardson of the Sunday School presidency and so she knows them all and I am
the awkward companion in the background like star struck that they see the
prophet of the Lord like all the time! haha its great! But anyways she talked
to us about Jacob 5. It was such a good talk but at the end I don't
remember a lot about what she said only the fact that she was blown away by how
many sisters were here and it gave me so much satisfaction to be sitting among
all these wonderful girls who heeded the call of the prophet. She said we
were an inspiration to her and her program because the girls she has
stewardship over will be the next us. I thought that was cool. Also
fun fact about her... she got called to be a mission presidents wife when she
was 25!!!!!!!!!!!! 25!! can you believe that!! She was pregnant! they served in
Sweden... like how crazy is that! then that night we heard from elder Allen who
is the managing director of the missionary department! he was soooo hilarious! Like
sooo funny and told all the Elders that they might as well write their
girlfriends off now before they have the chance to do it to them! haha and he
was like you sisters all probably left guys and i bet they all wait for you:)
haha it was soooo funny! Beau Alan keep waiting please:)He talked about having
one foot home and one foot in the mission... he said by the end of this week I
want all of your feet to be here! He read over Alma 26:27 and we never even got
through the whole verse because he kept stopping after every little phrase! it
was sooo good! I loved it! He got me way pumped to be better this next week!
Anyways my parting thought is from
my personal study this week! 2 Nephi is sooo great! Sooo full of good
stuff! Chapter 8:12,13 it made me realize after hearing all these devotionals
about the lengths the church is going to preserve the name and rep of the
church that we are at serious war with the adversary and never at any time have
the organizations of good and evil been so strong. The Lord worries about
each of us everyday that the devil will win but at the same time instills in us
such faith that we will come out on top.
Ally cat look at 2 Nephi 8;24---
you wear the beautiful garment now:) use them as a protection against Satan and
unlike me get used to them faster and they will be such a blessing to you!
Anyways I love hearing good thoughts from you all! I love the updates in
your letters and you all always give me such encouragement and an uplifting
thought at the end of your emails and dear elders! I love it so much it makes
my day! Thank you all for your love and support! Wish you all a good week!
Love,
Soeur Mod (my district and teachers
have resulted to this name because the full thing is a struggle to almost all
of them) The guy at the temple today struggled SOOO badly with my name and when
I left he was like you will find the cutest young man with the last name of
Jones and he winked:) I was like ahhh I already did but his last name is not
Jones hahah!
PS. we did proxy sealings today for
little kids because that is the only we can do as missionaries when it comes to
sealings and it was the coolest thing!! Loved it so much! Even though I didn't
get a temple waffle afterwards:)
![]() |
| McCall and her companion on vacuum duty:) |
![]() |
| McCall trying Spicy Cheetos for the first time! (she hated them..) |
![]() |
| Not usually a soda drinker.. looks like the MTC will change some people. |
![]() |
| She was never a morning person.. and the missionary wake up is wearing her out:) |




No comments:
Post a Comment