Hello all!
Ok So I promise not to make this
email as long:) My days are starting to run together and we do the same thing
pretty much everyday so the newness has worn off. So lucky for you I
don't have AS much to say:) haha but here we go!
Thank you to everyone who has sent
me letters and dear elders! Mail is the best thing every and I have a few
darling Elders that get 50 perfumed saturated letters from their girlfriends
and I am like really? haha but I am happy for them! They might as well enjoy it
while it lasts:) haha just kidding that was mean.
Claire bear I am giving you a huge
hug in my head right now:) so as you read this think about it too! I love you
loads and you are the most darling 15 year old I know! Make sure to pull
something together for Mom's birthday coming up! Remember family that is coming
up in like 10 days and I am not there to sort it out.... so sort it out! I will
send a letter with ideas:) Mom your packages are the best! The trailmix idea
was genius! Dad your letters are always inspiring
So this week has been amazing! The
timing in the MTC is sooo warped! It feels like the days are long but the weeks
fly by and I can't believe I have been in here 2 weeks already. I don't
know how I will ever be ready for the field in a month! There is so much to
learn! The French is really coming along though so that is good! My goal this
week is to not come off as a know it all and try not to correct the teacher....
I have caught him a few times teaching french balsphemy:) haha
So we had to teach an investigator
from the second day into the MTC until this last Friday and it turns out the
person we were teaching becomes your night time teacher! He served in
Paris and our morning teacher (the one with the blog) served in Lyon and the
Elders in my district are going to Paris and the sisters to Lyon so its fun to
have teachers from both. They are both super awesome and have totally
different teaching styles so it works for everyone.
We also created a twitter feed on
the back of our door and gave everyone usernames... I don't know if I said that
last time but it is getting really full! We will have to add on. Our
teacher is like you guys are nuts leave social media at home! I am like
neverrrrr! haha my companion and I joke all the time about him showing us his
instagram feed! Feel free to send me throwback Thursdays guys I would love
them! but the quotes are really funny I have a picture on my camera I will send
it home soon! But during class one night our teacher, told us this about
the mission, "It's like your running and you don't know where the finish
line is." It’s a perfect analogy for mission life. I wake up
everyday at 6:30 get ready by 7 read scriptures in French with my district
until 7:30 eat, class at 8 for 3 hours and then personal study time and then
lunch. Then we have gym and this rosetta stone thing online to work on
our French and then additional study time then dinner. Then we have
another teacher from 6-9 and then plan until 9:30 and then go to bed.
Everyday we have that and by my night time class I am like I have been on high
speed all day how will I make it through class.... but alas all of the sudden
its over and I am rushing to bed and I am alseep before my head hits the
pillow! The days are long but then its night time and your like where did the
day go!
I have been working on making my
personal studied more effective so I try to write a question down about how I
can be better in a certain area and then try to find it as I search my
scriptures. I have like 3 pages of notes by the time I am done reading
and I only get like 2 or 3 chapters in! Its been crazy effective and I have
tried to do that with preach my gospel as well so I am very familiar with the
content in the lessons.
Sunday was the highlight of my
week! We have sacrament meeting at 7:30 am.... yes I want no complaining for 9
am church ever again! haha and we all have to prepare a talk in French about a
certain topic and then at the beginning of sacrament bishop asks 2 people to
give theirs. So you don't know if It’s you until he announces it! Yeah
its nerve racking! Sister Edmunds came and spoke to us! She was
incredible!!!!!!! She was so funny and sooo spiritual at the same time! I was
crying and laughing like the whole time because I felt the spirit and then she
cracked a funny joke! She just pumped us up to serve as sisters because her and
her companion were the first sister missionaries in the Phillipines way back
when and she was said, "you think your missing your loved ones now....
wait until you leave your loved ones there. That will nearly kill
you!" It got me so pumped to get out there! She called us the
"Sister Tsnumai" and how we are taking control of the work and
demanding for an exponential growth in the church! It was great! Then we came
back to study and our bishop pulled my companion and I out and asked us to be
the new "Sister Training Leaders" which is like the zone leaders but
for sister missionaries.... ya we have no idea what we are doing as far as day
to day still and now we are supposed to interview the girls and be to the
meetings and give reports and reprimand people for wearing to tight of clothes
and we are like whatttttt???? We haven't even been here 10 days! But we are
excited for the challenge and my companion as I have said is actually perfect
so she will be great and I will rise to her level:) Then we have a fireside
every Sunday night, the director of media in the missionary department spoke to
us. He was AMAZING!!! He talked about hastening the work and the efforts
the church is making electronically to do this. You guys have to go look
this up! During Christmas the church bought a bunch of billboards IN TIMESQUARE
and in the subway stops and buses and pasted "Chirstmas is... (fill in the
blank)" signs all over the city. They were promoting mormon.org.
They said the views to the site sky rocketed and he said they had a twitter
feed that people could come comment and fill in the blank! Its hard to
explain how cool it was that's why you guys should you tube it or
something. They are doing the same thing in London because the Book of
Mormon play that just opened up in March they are attacking London with mormon.org
signs. They bought double decker buses, tube ads everyone in the train
stations, billboards you name it! They have gotten TONS of referrals for the
missionaries! Its crazy how "socially connected" the church is
becoming and I think this is only going to speed up the work! The missionaries
in London are TWEETING and following the feed to meet with people and stuff!!!!
its crazy! PLEASE GO LOOK IT UP! for my sake! We were all like cheering and
pumped! It was awesome! Then we watched the Joseph Smith movie! That is such a
good movie! It makes my small 18 month sacrifice seem like nothing compared to
what Joseph Smith and the saints endured!
Anyway I am getting chatty and this
will eventually turn into the longest email ever again so I just want you all
to know how much I love you and that I am trying to responds to your individual
letters because they really mean a lot to me! This experience is honestly
indescribable and I wish I could express how amazing it is but it’s a "you
had to be there" kind of thing! So thanks for the prayers and support I
hope all of you are doing well and life is treating you well! Love you guys!
Sister Modersitzki
No comments:
Post a Comment