Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 3!


Hello All!

Again I want to thank you all for the sweet dear elders I get throughout the week! They make my day! It’s so fun to hear from all of you and hear all the wonderful things going on outside the gates of the MTC! haha we forget that life goes on out there! Like in Boston for instance.... hello terrorist attack and none of us knew until last night when my roommate's boyfriend sent us a recap of the story! I cannot believe that!!! ahhhh made me grateful to be in the safe brick cinderblock walls of the MTC:) and so grateful that the people I love the most are safe on the West coast instead of the East coast! West side for life:)

Anyways a recap of the week! So my P days are on Tuesdays and like in the field after 6 pm they are over and its back into church clothes and we have a devotional that night.... well guess who came to devotional last week? They don't tell you until you are seated in your seat and there is one big gymnasium that you can pile into or you can just go to the overflows... we need those because its so crowded in here and every Wednesday it gets worse and worse! So we were like lets go to the gym because on Sunday it was Vocal point from BYU which was way cooler in person since they were singing.  So we are sitting in our seats and in walks Elder Scott!!!! ahhhhhh! We were all freaking out the crowd went so quiet and you just heard soooo many whispers like "Oh my gosh its Elder scott" A girl next time me I know from BYU and she is like I have been here for 8 weeks and haven't had any general authority! Feeling pretty lucky right now:) He talked about personal prayer and the gift we have to talk to our Father in Heaven every day.  He bestowed an apostalic blessing upon the MTC which I thought was cool because I hadn't heard of that before annnnndddd he closed his talk and we sang the closing hymn and as the sister was getting up to pray he stopped her and began to share more thoughts.  It was the craziest thing because we were all ready pens and papers to take notes thinking it was going to be this crazy epiphany thought he had during the song and it wasn't.  He literally repeated some of the same lines he had throughout his talk.  It made me think of how God repeats something to us when He wants it to get through our head.  I have been striving every since his talk to make my prayers more meaningful and take time after them to stop and ponder about what I am thankful for and what I asked for. .

My days go by pretty much the same way everyday except for on Thursday this week we started TRC.  I am not quite sure what that stands for I should probably look it up but its an hour out of our day that we come and teach volunteers in the valley that know French and come to the MTC to be taught by the missionaries.  So we just give short 20 minute visiting teaching like lessons to members and leave.  The trick is you have to get to know them first and listen for the spirit to prompt you as to what to share with them.  It is THE BEST THING EVER! I love teaching members who I can talk freely about the gospel and not have to define words they may not understand or simplify the truths because its the first time they are hearing them.  You just get to chat with someone about the gospel but in
French!!! I love it! I look forward to it every week!

In gym this week we have been playing quite a bit of volleyball and I must say... I think I missed my calling in life! Tell Cami Richan I may or may not be recruited by Airforce when I get back... I am pretty good.  The polynesians let me and my companion play on their team:) now granted my companion is like the sports star and my friend plays with us too and she played like 7 years of club team soooo they might be the reason the polys allow us on their team but I can play a mean serve! :) So yeah probs trying out for BYU when I get back... or for the four square team! Made it all the way to king square a couple of days ago and was there for quite some rounds if I must brag:)

Then on Sunday we had so many meetings because we were officially called as the Sister Training Leaders so all day we were in meetings which was fun but we didn't get to go to music and the spoken word before relief society which is like the best part of the week since we don't get to listen to music in here! Last week they sang a song from Sound of Music and I have decided I must see that movie when I get home... My companion thinks I am crazy since I have never seen it! 

There has been some problem with flirting between the Elders and sisters and we were supposed to be on the look out to stop it.... haha oh man so funny! We have been trying to meet with all the sisters in our branch to get to know them and such.  Its crazy when we sat down with each of them after they would leave we would talk about them and take notes on what they said about their homesickness, the language, their district anything so we could help them.  It’s crazy the more we talked to them we just looked at each other and thought.... France is getting the cream of the crop all these sisters are so amazing in their own way and have such a zeal for the work.  Surprisingly too a lot of our branch is 21 year old girls.  So yeah we are enjoying our calling a lot right now! In about a week we get about 25 new missionaries French speaking so our branch will get about half of those! Then that night BYU's Men's chorus came and sang for the devotional.  They were really great I thoroughly enjoyed them!

We leave 3 weeks from yesterday.... its sooo crazy time is going so fast! You can tell we have been in here awhile though all of us are starting to get antsy to leave, and get out there to France.

My companion and I, our lessons have gotten so good! Instead of me talking the whole time we totally play off each other and bounce the lesson back and forth so we are both speaking 50/50.  It has been a goal of ours to do that and it’s gotten so much more fluid in our lessons. Anyways I am full from the temple food... if you all haven't tried the Provo temple's breakfast... you must! Its to die for and I am in a food coma as I write this so I am going to take a nap but I love all of you so much and am soooo grateful for the love and support! Keep the letters coming and treat my mom well this weekend for her birthday! Love you all!

xoxo Soeur Modersitzki
  
Temple Walk

More Temple Walk

Sister Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment