Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Welcome to Africa

Pic 1: Francine wrapped my hair in an African wrap and then gave it to me!
Pic 2: Soeur Warren and I with Francine:) happiest day!
Pic 3: Get together on Sunday with all the missionaries (these were sent to Sandy from Dewaine Clark. Wondering what McCall is thinking in this one:)
Pic 4: Oh she was thinking there wasn't enough juice at this party but now there is!;)

A few shout outs! First of all.... Big B for getting called to be the ward mission leader!! You go Big B... baptize all those non-members in highland:) and second of all Happy valentine's day to everyone! I love you all! I also got a ton of christmas cards from everyone at our last zone training so it was fun to get updated with the ups and downs of your family!

So for the week... we had a baptism!!!! sooo cool! obviously that was the highlight of my week! She was sooo prepared too! As one sister said..."she was like instant pudding... all I had to do was add water (the gospel) and stir and voila!" cheesy, I know but it was true! she just came into our lives out of nowhere and she was ready for it and she invited all of her friends and family to the baptism so now we have tons more people to teach! it's so wonderful! 

I did two exchanges this week with Sister Reichelt from Germany and Sister Bragg! They are both such wonderful sisters it was sooo fun to work with them! We had tons of miracles too! We found this cool girl contacting... her name is Ornella and Sister Reichelt just gave her a card as we walked past her because she was on her phone but then we passed her again like 15 minutes later and she wasn't on her phone.. so I thought yesssss!  I felt this impression to go contact her.  We went up and started talking to her; she was getting on the same tram we needed so we kept talking. Then she was getting off at the same stop we were! She was like just come to my apartment and we can chat.... ok perfect!;) so we taught her about the plan of salvation and she loved it! AND now we have her number AND address:) perfect! she is a student; she is from Congo so I thought of Nelly!! it really was so great! she is from Paris originally so we had loads to talk about since I studied abroad there and I knew quite about what Nelly had shared with me about the Congo:) 

Then we had a family night with Josy and her husband who just got here.  We did it at the Clarks and ate dinner and it was super fun! She is progressing so great but he is kind of holding her back… sorta wished he stayed in Guadalope but oh well; nah JK;)  He is indian and Hindu! #bombayhouse #waitiminfrance

We also had Zone conference with President and interviews which was fun to talk to him and get advice as to how we can better help this ward and everything... it was great! Then the mission nurse gave a presentation about health and diets and I was in heaven!!!! She was asking all these questions like "how many calories are in one gram of fat?" and I knew all the answers and she was throwing prizes so I got them all:) haha everyone was like "that is not fair! She is a dietian!!"... sorry you studied the wrong thing in school:)  haha I'm KIDDING.

Anyway it was a wonderful week! full of miracles and blessings! I love Montpellier, I never want to leave this place ever! I got the best compliment yesterday! I was sitting by this fun lady in our ward during sacrament and she turned to me after and said, "The spirit that is around you is so strong and you are overflowing with light and the spirit." (it was more beautiful in french I promise haha) but anyway even though she is a little crazy, I was very flattered! so my challenge this week is to use the light and spirit that is IN all of you and touch others! Also watch the CES broadcast for January!! It's amazing!!!  love you all! Have a good week!

Sister Mod

FEEFB6E8-CC68-4A8F-A9E7-8A73DF8066B2

8AA9D20C-7EE2-4067-9201-77355778F2C3

227BC5CD-0199-4CBA-AC49-0EDCBB65C158

6EBAE044-F0B5-4CC0-B786-3EB0B278DE6F

No comments:

Post a Comment