Monday, January 13, 2014

Tombez-Vous!

Hello family and happy birthday kimbo slice and Frogman:) hope you had a wonderful day! And Frogman are you CRAZY for letting my 16 year old sister drive your audi?? the answer is yes:) 

Anyways i don't have a lot of time today so quickly I will tell you that this week was great, tiring, hard, sad, and always fun... because its a mission:) iTs got to be fun or it would be a miserable 18 months! I went on 3 exchanges this week and by Saturday I looked at my companion and said, "I need a coke" haha I barely even know my companion because we are never together! It was fun though! We have been looking for families so we have been going out to the suburbs to knock on real doors and not just sonneries (Sandy's novice translation is apartment building) and we had a lot of success this last week.  And by that I mean not every door was slammed in our face and i was able to start my testimony before they shut the door:) haha I am exagerating.. a little. We had an awesome conversation with 3 dads in the middle of road.  It was just like at our house! families just chilen outside and talking, so we talked to them! It went well! They weren't interested but they were polite and we were able to explain that we are not a sect and  not polygamist... and not Amish either:) SUCCESS!! 

Then Saturday when we were finally together my comp and i, we had LOTS of lessons scheduled so we could catch up from all of our exchanges and EVERY SINGLE ONE fell through! 6 lessons fell threw!!!!!!! 6!!!!! lets just say that was a record! I have never had that before! So I finally bought the coke I had been wanting all day and we went home and made breakfast for dinner... german pancakes! 

So anyways this week was fun and interesting! We are getting blamed for the lack of baptisms throughout the last year and our ward is super down about how few they baptized... so its been a little difficult! We are trying to boost their spirits! Any ideas would be appreciated from ancienne missionnaires:) thanks for all the love and support! I am sorry this is short this week.

I know the gospel is true and I know that no other happiness can be found but within the bounds of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  As hard as this week was i am still sooo happy... maybe a little more tired but still sooo happy:) i love you all! have a good week!

Sister Mod

No comments:

Post a Comment