Well an update on my week:
I ate, and ate, and ate, and then I ate some more:) No just kidding I will start with Miracle day which was Christmas Eve. We were out trying to pass members, less actives, and amis with cookies... because we are sister missionaries...we make cookies for everyone! I used to think that was sooooo lame but you would die at how much the French love an American Cookie:) So we were contacting on the way and the first door we ported the guy let us in and his sister has been to the mormon church a few times... how cool is that? He was way too busy to be taught but I always love an oppurtunity to bear my testimony:) Then we contacted the garbage man and he gave us these quartz crystals that he found in nature that are actually really pretty and he wished us a very Merry Christmas! He was very very nice so in return we gave him a Book of Mormon and he was surprisingly very very happy to receive it! He is like I am going to read this and call you... we were like sweeeeeet! Then we stopped this girl on the road and asked if we could share a message about Christmas and she said ya allez-y which means ya go ahead! we were like here on the road? wellll ok! So I bore my testimony about how excited the shepherds were to see the star and that we are the same way the night before Christmas.. anxiously awaiting the star. She started crying!! Then out of nowhere I hugged her and said its ok, he understands! She burried her head in my shoulder and cried! She is a student and the French are NOT lovey dovey!!! They don't even know what a hug is and I am hugging a stranger! haha so crazy! but in the end she was like PLEASE call me in the new year I really want to come closer to God... perfect that's why we are here:) Then we gave another book of mormon out to someone on the tram who is SUPER cool and she was texting us all week asking how our holidays were! She is golden! We didn't get her number... she texted us! VERY COOL!
Then Christmas was just wonderful! Talking with my sweet family and my sweet boyfriend and best friend was just wonderful! We were at a members home out in the countryside and it was beautiful! It was like 15 degrees celsius... I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit, like 70 degrees??? I don't know but it was SOOO WARM! It was a BEAUTIFUL! DAY! and our members are just sooo cooL! her non-member family was there and we taught them about Christ and it was just magical! The Christmas spirit was so palpable you could taste it! Annnnddd they live in Perpignan! my first ville!! anyway then while my comp talked to her fam I talked to this cute mom. Her name is Nelly Letendre and we talked about her love for pinterest and blogs.... hiiiiiiiii?!?! we are best friends now! I am going to help her start her blog:) haha We ate at another member's house that night and their son served in the Paris mission and he had photos from his mission. I knew SOOOO many people in these photos! I saw Matt Dalrymple, York, Will, ALL of them! haha It was crazy! We just talked about all of them all night:) in a good way! love you all!
This is getting long I will wrap it up! We passed(contacted) a less active on Friday and she has the cutest little son and a non-member husband/boyfriend... we are not quite sure. But moral of the story we were figuring out how she could come to church... by bus, tram, or member and her husband was like I have a car I will just bring her... and they came to church and he stayed for sacrament and he wants to go on the temple trip they announced at sacrament!!! ahhhhh baptism comes first but then TEMPLE!! Such a miracle!
saturday we had rdv's all day with less actives and amis and everything. We met a potential ami in centre ville and invited him to our movie night at the chapel AND he for sure thought it was a date... haha sooooo awkward! He is muslim and we watched The Testaments! hahah "hi welcome to church. watch this movie about this guy we call our Savior and you call your prophet:)." it was funny! Then church was great yesterday! I gave a talk about hope and being positive and i challenge you all to read Hope in Preach my gospel and set goals for this new year to be more filled with hope and positivity! We are the creator of our circumstances and happiness is a choice! Read the Elder Uchtdorf talk from last May called the The Hope of God's Light... or something like that! It is my favorite talk in the world after Holland's talk about Peter do you love me? (Sandy here..the Peter Do You Love Me talk was instrumental in McCall choosing to serve a mission!) They are my trump cards... I use them all the time; they are just too good! Anyways! Set big goals for 2014 everyone! There is sooooo much in store for us and we have soooo many reasons to be full of hope and light but the main reason is because we have the good news of the gospel! I am sooo happy to be a missionary... i can't explain or describe how much i love my life at this moment and i wish i could bask in it forever! have a wonderful new year! Love you all
Sister Mod
No comments:
Post a Comment