Pic 1: Beautiful Lyon from our hike
Pic 2: My St. Etienne peeps! Frere Professo on left:)
Pic 3: Not by the beach anymore but still pretty!
Sooo yes I am in Lyon and it is the GREATEST!!! OH man and my comp is just encore mieux! (Even better) She is the best! We are having a blast! This last week was really different. We were helping with new missionaries coming in and conferences and stuff so we didn't do a ton of missionary work. Soeur Bentley got kidney stones so we were up with her one morning at 5 to take her to the hospital! that was fun:( Apparently the water in France is terrible! Tons of people have gotten kidney stones and Soeur Warren, one of my comps in Montpellier, wrote and told me she had a bug inside her from the water... like I said... 2nd world country over here!But let me get to the exciting news! So Saturday we had a huge stake activity where we played soccer in the park with EVERYONE from St. Etienne!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh it was sooo great! I literally felt like I was seeing my family at the airport I was sooo excited! They all thought I had finished my mission so they were trying to bisous me and Frere Professo (Sandy note: he is the ward mission leader in St. Etienne who adores McCall. He Facebook messages me at least once a week) just straight up hugged me! haha I was like uhhhh ok whatever! I love that man and I was on such a high seriously! It was wonderful to see them all! Then we played soccer.... ya what? Haha my companion was her soccer club's star and then you have Soeur Mod who could run for days but kick a ball into a net with a bunch of black dudes all up in my grill to get it back from me... ya I am not very good a soccer en bref:) We probably broke a few white handbook rules fighting for the death to win... we came in 2nd:) it was sooo fun!Sunday we went on this cool hike with these forever amis but it was sooo beautiful! I will send some pictures! OUR WARD IS THE BEST!!! Oh my gosh this ward is incredible! They are inviting their friends to stuff and everyone is sharing the gospel all the time! I feel soooo much pressure here; I am kind of nervous! President Roney told me "we can baptize here and we do!" I have felt pressure my whole mission but when you don't baptize you can just say "oh that is France" haha but not here... Lyon is magical! We already have like 2 amis that will get baptized in the next couple of weeks and Soeur Richardson and I are going to find loads more! We are going to live up to that "power couple" status I've heard we've been given...we promise you:) sooo great to be with her; she has been a breath a fresh air!I saw the one and only TJ haws:) He looks great Tiff... I'm not worried about him at all:) He will be AN AMAZING missionary! He has a great trainer and he is in a great ward! His French is soooo good! Seriously president has big plans for him:) be proud not worried! This mission is so great:) Then I saw Armand Overstreet! That was fun! He looks great!!! So fun to catch up with him and he served in St. Etienne so that was fun to chat about people we knew in common! It's crazy all the people you see in Lyon all the time! There are always people here! But anyway I have to go but I LOVE MY LIFE!!! Being a missionary is the best! AND they are playing Rihanna in the internet cafe!... haha oh home:) love you all!!soeur mod
No comments:
Post a Comment