Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Repands du soleil (pour thé sun!)


Transferred….

Yes, you heard me... I left Zion and I came to paradise.... literally soooo sunny here I need my shades! I haven't seen blue skies like this in.... 6 months:) as long as i was in St. Etienne! I can't believe I left! It seems very surreal like i am just on an exchange or something but it's for real! The first sister to come to St. Etienne in ten years has left! This weekend was so incredible saying good bye to all of the members but we will get to that!

So the deets: I am not training:) Yay! I love training but it's very tiring after 4 transfers:) and I finally got a companion older than me on the mission. She only has two transfers left and her name is Soeur Warren. She is really really cool. We are the sister training leaders (STL) in Montpellier. We have 4 equipes of sister training leaders in our mission and Sister Stevens is another one in Bordeaux... so I will be seeing her at Leadership Council this weekend... whatever that is... on verra bien (we will see)!! But yes I am in the south of France... literally on the beach and this town is soooo beautiful from what I have seen! I will have more details next week after I have spent more than 3 hours in the city! Some of you might remember.. this is the city that I went to my first transfer for an exchange and I almost got arrested... so hopefully my warrant is up!!!  #mcfellan:) 

So some fun facts from my last week in St. Etienne... we found and committed another Chinese guy to baptism.. #january18.   But I don't know how much he truly understands the commitment... he understands the importance but maybe not the commitment.. but he will soon see #wordofwisdom:) Our DMP asked me if I was trying to start a Chinese ward and I said yes because French is too hard to speak:) That was fun for my last week there! His name is Yangdon or Justin... they pick English names because they think we can't say their names:) 

Then on Thursday we were in Lyon for our last district meeting before transfer calls.  After that I met up with a girl that Nichel met on study abroad to give her Crest Whitening Strips (thank you mom!) and she is DARLING! She is engaged with a MASSIVE ring! Beau, I told you I want a simple ring... but I've changed my mind! This thing was beautiful! #katemiddleton Anyway, we got hot chocolate and chatted and unfortunately she is very Catholic but she is really cool and we are going to keep in contact.  So I have a cool Catholic friend in Lyon who one day will convert, I know it! Nich.. you started the preparation process! way to go! 

After we got transfer calls, we basically just went around to members and said bye.  I told them they'd changed my life and they told me I had done good work here... which as a missionary is like THEE best compliment to get.  Especially with the Chrystelle thing... I was worried they would remember me as the missionary who brought in the Antichrist but it was not so:) I had my last meeting with the Elders and the ward missionaries and our ward mission leader.  One of the ward missionaries, her name is Lisa, was like can I say something really quick?  We said sure! She bore her testimony about how I changed St. Etienne and that her first experience with sisters was me and that her life has been changed because of it.  She said that I push her to be better and that she WANTS to serve a mission now... she was baptized a year ago! I was dying!! It was so sweet! She is incredible and we both started crying. It was probably one of the most magical moments on my mission.  It's crazy the spirit we have as missionaries that we don't even realize... I am going to miss that when this is all over!  Anyway the members were more than incredible and when they asked me to share my testimony before I left they said, "and we are turning the time over to one of our own, Sister Mod." ahhhh ya my testimony was a cry fest... I don't know if they understood any of what I said but it was great!

Mom I passed out those cards you made... I have to admit.. you're right... they are pretty cool! (this is Sandy #toldyaso) and everyone loved them! And we also have a place to stay when we go to st. Etienne after my mission... we will have to spend the night at each member's house though... to spread it around.  And Beau... they all know who you are and they have crept us on Facebook... so they told me to bring our cute kids back after the mission too:) hahahaha I love St. Etienne! je suis stepanoise:) (English translation: I am Etienne!) Anyway! thats it! I am pumped to be in Montpellier I will update more next week!

Love you all and miss you!

Sister Mod... the one that eats snails instead of raw meat:) 
(s/o to Sister AKMod)

Qian and Bei.. they made me chinese dumplings before I left! (new converts)

Yves.. one of our VERY catholic amis! he cried when he found out i was leaving and then he gave me a stuffed dog that i had to leave in st. etienne

me and sophie... the friend of nichel's! she was sooo pumped about her crest whitening strips:)

eating my last dinner with my grandpas.. frere professo

The family cadet! and luc and gabby

Saying good bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment